Calls from Washington School office:
"Mama, I forgot my drill team outfit and we are leaving in 20 minutes for the game!" - Laura
"Mama, I got Laura's lunch and not mine and she didn't get mine!" - me
"Can you please bring me my soccer stuff for after school.. I forgot!" - me
"Mama, did you know we have a track meet!?!?! I don't have my stuff!" - Laura
Those are just a few of the many calls my mother got from middle school until my senior year. And she never disappointed us, she would clock out, go home and bring us whatever we needed.
This lead to my Mama and I laughing about the things my sister and me did and how we
- Laura dancing around the hallways with a huge blanket on (for no reason) and rips the thermostat completely off the wall...... $100 replacement charge.
- Laura somehow breaks every faucet in the all the bathrooms.. "Mama I didn't mean to.." .... not sure how much that one cost..
- "Our kids will NEVER sleep with a nightlight." - my father... I proved him wrong.
- "My kids will NEVER sleep with me." - both my parents... @ 2 AM when I'm poking you because I had a nightmare, proved you wrong there too..
- "I will NEVER go to Wal-Mart the night before a school project." - Mama... 10 PM: one of us has a project due and we don't have a poster board.. good thing Wal-Mart is 24 hours.
- 7:25 AM.. "Will you braid my hair?" .. "Are you kidding me, we have to leave!" (did it anyways).
- "Mama there's a bump in my hair! Re-do it!!"... "UHHH!"
- "Laura, you have 5 minutes in the shower, Katie needs to get in!" ... 20 minutes later.. "LAURA GET OUT! WE HAVE TO LEAVE!"
- "Laura, please don't tell Dad we got report cards.." .. "Ok, I won't." ... What does she do? Calls our dad as soon as we get home..
I miss living with my sister... even her messiness... and use of all the hot water... and dirty dishes piled 4 feet high in the sink for 3 days.